- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for the pan
- 1 cup polenta (not instant)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 head radicchio, shredded
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1.Heat oven to 425° F. Oil a 9-inch springform pan or pie plate; set aside.
2.In a medium saucepan, bring 2¼ cups water to a boil.
3.Whisking constantly, slowly add the polenta. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, until the polenta starts to pull away from the side of the pan, 4 to 5 minutes.
4.Stir in the Parmesan, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Using a spoon, spread the polenta over the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan.
5.In a bowl, combine the radicchio, tomatoes, and mozzarella, the remaining tablespoon of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
6.Spoon the mixture over the polenta and bake until the polenta is crisp around the edges, 20 to 25 minutes.