1 medium-sized onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1-1/2 lbs collard greens
3 TBS + 1/2 cup vegetable broth
15 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
2 cups pinto beans or 1 15 oz can pinto beans, drained
2 TBS lemon juice
1 TBS olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop onion and garlic and let sit for 5-10 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits.
2. Remove stems from colllard greens, rinse and chop the greens. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
3. Heat 3 TBS vegetable broth in large sauté pan. When the broth begins to steam, add onions, and Healthy Sauté for 3 minutes.
4. Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
5. Add 1/2 cup vegetable broth, tomatoes, and pinto beans to the onions and garlic mixture and bring to a boil.
6. Add collard greens and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Remove from heat and stir in olive oil and lemon juice. Serve hot.