1 tablespoon groundnut oil
250g tofu cut into half inch cubes
2 stalks lemon grass peeled and bashed
8 oz. tomatoes
Half a cup dry Thai jasmine rice, cooked
1. Place rice in rice cooker (or just cook rice).
2. Place cubed tofu on a lightly oiled baking pan and bake in a medium oven for 20-30 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, sauté onion, garlic, lemon grass and chillies in oil until onion is cooked through.
4. Add tomatoes, stock and coconut milk, bring to light boil and then simmer. When tofu is cooked, (it should be a bit dried out and maybe starting to brown a little), remove from oven.
5. Fish out the lemon grass stalks and discard. If you have a handheld blender, whizz the soup until smooth (optional). Then add the tofu and coriander.
6. Spoon some rice into a bowl and top with the tom yum and serve.