12 small potatoes, baked and halved, meat scooped out
1-2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced1/2 cup chopped red pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
salt and pepper
15 ounces pinto beans
1/2 cup hot salsa or 1/2 cup mild salsa, your choice
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
1 chipotle chile in adobo (optional)
1 cup shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Sauté garlic, red peppers, and onions in 1 teaspoon olive oil 3 minutes.
3. Place potato skins in a bag with remaining oil, salt and pepper and lightly toss to coat with oil.
4. Puree salsa and beans in a blender with cumin and chipotle pepper.
5. Place skins on a parchment or silicone pad.
6. Fill with bean mixture, top with onion mixture, then with cheese.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes till bubbly and browned.